Salman Khan on Wednesday said there is no link between his upcoming film Radhe and the 2009 action blockbuster Wanted.
The 53-year-old superstar had last week announced that Radhe will be his Eid 2020 release.
Salman had shared a one minute motion poster with the first half showing him as cop Chulbul Pandey from Dabangg 3 and the other half gave a glimpse at him in and as Radhe.
- Didn't consume, procure drugs, says Dia Mirza; warns action against 'frivolous reporting'
- In open letter to Payal Ghosh, Rajshri Deshpande says 'false narrative' can cause much damage
- Actress accuses Anurag Kashyap of sending inappropriate messages; mixes up Facebook accounts
- Malaika Arora ‘blessed to have overcome coronavirus’, posts Instagram pic
- Security beefed up outside bungalows of Bachchans after Jaya's speech in Parliament
The new film's announcement led to speculation that it might be a follow-up film to Wanted, in which his character's name was Radhe.
Incidentally, Wanted was directed by Prabhu Deva, who is also set to helm Radhe.
Salman, however, put a stop to all the rumours at the trailer launch of Dabanng 3.
"The name was actually in Tere Naam and then we used it in Wanted. It is a completely different film. It has nothing to do with Wanted. It is rather bigger than Wanted," the actor said.
"If we would have announced Radhe on its own, then it would have gone 'Radhe ..Radhe'. So we announced in a way that Dabangg comes first then it ends with Radhe," he added.
Radhe will be produced by Salman's brother Sohail Khan and Reel Life Production Pvt. Limited under the banner of Salman Khan Films.