Two terrorists were killed on Sunday in an ongoing operation by security forces in the Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
The operation, titled Trashi-I,ย broke out in the Chatroo belt of Kishtwar at around 11 AM after the Indian Army, the Jammu and Kashmir Police, and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) acted on "credible intelligence inputs" about the presence of terrorists in the region.
The terrorists had been cooped up inside a mud house and opened fire on the Indian troops approaching carefully. The Indian side retaliated with an intense gunfight.
"Displaying tactical precision, seamless synergy and resolute aggression, troops dominated the encounter site wherein two terrorists have been successfully neutralised,"ย the Indian Army's White Knight Corps wrote in an X update on the encounter.
#๐ช๐ต๐ถ๐๐ฒ๐๐ป๐ถ๐ด๐ต๐๐๐ผ๐ฟ๐ฝ๐ | #๐ข๐ฝ๐ง๐ฟ๐ฎ๐๐ต๐ถ-๐ | #๐ง๐๐ผ๐ง๐ฒ๐ฟ๐ฟ๐ผ๐ฟ๐ถ๐๐๐๐๐ถ๐น๐น๐ฒ๐ฑ
— White Knight Corps (@Whiteknight_IA) February 22, 2026
๐ง๐ช๐ข ๐ง๐๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ฆ๐ง๐ฆ ๐๐๐๐๐๐ | ๐ข๐ฃ๐๐ฅ๐๐ง๐๐ข๐ก ๐ง๐ฅ๐๐ฆ๐๐-๐
Pursuant to credible intelligence inputs collated from #JKP, #IB and own intelligence sources, aโฆ
The White Knight Corps added that it had also recovered "war-like stores" which included two AK-47 rifles, from the possession of the slain terrorists, suspected of belonging toย Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).
The Chatroo forest belt has been host to nearly half a dozen encounters between terrorists and security forces over the past month alone.
This also comes a week after the Jammu and Kashmir Policeย raised an alert stating thatย JeM โcommanderโ Saifullah was active in Kishtwar, after his reported escape from the region.
โAs we know an (anti-terror) operation was launched more than a month ago in Kishtwarโs Chatroo. One terrorist was killed in the operation. However, the main commander, Saifullah, is still alive and is planning to escape from the region,โ said Sandeep Mehta, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Doda, on February 14.