Six persons died in a fire that broke out in a godown in Hyderabad on Monday morning. According to police, the fire has been brought under control.
According to reports, the fire broke out around 9.30am on Monday while a car was being repaired at a godown located in the building. A spark ignited during the repair caused the fire, police said.
Hyderabad Central Zone DCP Venkateshwar Rao told ANI, “The repair work of a car was going on in the godown on the ground floor. The sparks spread to the chemical barrel kept in the godown and caused the fire. Within no time, the fire engulfed other floors of the building and caused six deaths.” According to police, diesel and a few other chemicals were stored in the godown.
According to police, the deceased include two women and three persons who suffered severe injuries were rushed to the hospital nearby. Over five fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
Similarly, a fire broke out at an electronic showroom in Shalibanda, Hyderabad during the early hours of Monday. However, no casualties were reported.