Karnataka government has not taken any decision on cancelling the 10th class examination and the second pre-university examination, State Primary and Secondary Education Minister S. Suresh Kumar said on Monday.
He dismissed media reports in this regard as mere speculation and urged students to focus on studies.
"We have not taken any decision on cancelling the SSLC or the PUC-II exams, which were postponed earlier in view of the rising COVID cases," the minister said.
Last year, the government had conducted the SSLC and PUC-II exams though it gave general promotion to students from Class 1 to Class 9 and also the first pre-university college exams.
Karnataka on Sunday had reported 31,531 new cases of COVID-19, and 403 fatalities, taking the total number of infections to 22,03,462 and the death toll to 21,837.
Total number of active cases in the state stood at 6,00,147.
Among the districts where the new cases were reported, Bengaluru Urban accounted for 8,344, Tumakuru 2,138, Mysuru 1,811, Belagavi 1,762, Ballari 1,729, Hassan 1,182 and Davangere 1,155 followed by others.