Even as there is just a week to go for the releases of one of the most awaited Malayalam movies of the year, Lucifer, fans of Mammootty have been waiting for the release of his mass masala flick Madhura Raja.
It is now learnt that Madhura Raja, directed by Vysakh and written by Uday Krishna, will hit the theatres on April 12.
- Arbaaz Khan to make Mollywood debut with Mohanlal's 'Big Brother'
- Prithviraj releases video of Mohanlal helping him during shoot of 'Lucifer'
- Actor Rima Kallingal slammed for her comments on Thrissur Pooram
- Priya Prakash Varrier reacts to rumours of her dating 'Oru Adaar Love' co-star
- How the story of movie 'Virus', about Nipah in Kerala, unfolded
Madhura Raja, which is a sequel to their 2010 film Pokkiri Raja, has been in the news for various reasons. Recently, there was a hashtag #1MonthForMaduraRaja, that has been retweeted over a lakh times.
While Prithviraj, who played Mammootty's younger brother in Pokkiri Raja, will not make a return in Madhura Raja, the movie boasts of an impressive star cast, including Siddique, Anna Reshma Rajan, Salim Kumar, Suraj Venjaramoodu, Jagapathi Babu and Nedumudi Venu. Besides, Bollywood star Sunny Leone will appear for an item number in the movie. Tamil actor Jai too will play an important role in the movie.
Meanwhile, the trailer of Lucifer, which is the directorial debut of Prithviraj, is expected on March 22. The movie, which is touted to be political thriller with plenty of family sentiments, has Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, Tovino Thomas, Indrajith and Manju Warrier in the lead besides Mohanlal.