The University of Delhi, one of the top-ranked central universities in India, is an all-time favourite for future intellectuals, thinkers and policy makers. Known for its heritage and legacy, Delhi University's admission portal gets overwhelmed by large number of applications from all over the country every year. This year, over 2.29 lakh aspirants have registered on Delhi University’s admission portal for undergraduate courses till Wednesday. The registration process commenced on May 30 and will go on till June 14.
Delhi University provides admission to various UG, PG and doctoral courses. Selection is done either through entrance examination (organised by the university) or merit list of the qualifying examination.
Admission Procedure (2019)
The admission process to various courses in Delhi University starts once the cut off list is out. Students can apply according to their choice of courses.
DU Admission Schedule 2019
Undergraduate (merit-based) Courses:
The tentative dates are as follows:
Undergraduate (entrance-based) Courses:
1. On approval of the admission by the Principal of the College, fee payment will be activated on the applicant’s dashboard in the Admission Portal. The fee payment link will remain active till 15.00 hrs. of the consecutive day.
2. The Original Mandatory Documents produced at the time of admission are to be verified online. The documents which cannot be verified online are to be submitted in original within one week of the last day of the UG admissions for forensic verification.
Admission process for UG (merit-based) courses:
- Candidates should register for admission. Applications can be filed online.
- Cut off list will be prepared and published on the centralized admission portal after registrations.
- Candidates who score marks within the prescribed cut off should log in through their registered account.
- Select the preferences and generate the admission form.
- Admission form has to be brought along with necessary documents to the respective college.
- The respective college will verify the documents and approve the admission on the UG admission portal.
- Once the admission is approved, the candidates have to log in again to make the online fee payment.
Admission process for UG (entrance-based) courses:
- After result announcement, admission (merit) list will be published online.
- Allotment of seats will be done according to the rank and availability of seats in colleges.
- Candidates who are allotted seats in the admission list are required to take the print out of the admission form.
- Candidates should report to the allotted college with the required documents for verification process.
- After verification, admission will be approved by the respective college.
- Admission fee has to be paid through the online admission portal.
- Candidates who do not report to the allotted college on the prescribed timing, will not be considered further.
- Candidates must carry their original document along with their photocopies. The required documents include:
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Recent character certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size self-attested photographs