The Indian government has put out a press advisory for coronavirus. The advisory says that homeopathy can be used for the prevention of coronavirus infections. It also says that Unani medicines are useful in symptomatic management of coronavirus infection.
The deadly virus has already claimed the lives of over 130 people with over a thousand reported to be in critical condition in mainland China alone. In India too there have been case of suspected coronavirus infections with many under medical examinations.
Here is the full report from the press information bureau:
Advisory for Corona virus
Homeopathy for Prevention of Corona virus Infections
Unani Medicines useful in symptomatic management of Corona Virus infection
Posted On: 29 JAN 2020 10:29AM by PIB Delhi
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available
- Drink Shadang Paniya (Musta, Parpat, Usheer, Chandan,Udeechya & Nagar) processed water (10 gm powder boiled in 1-liter water, until it reduces to half). Store it in a bottle and drink it when thirsty
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your face during cough or sneeze and wash your hands after coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Preferably, use an N95 mask while traveling or working in public places to avoid droplet transmission
- If you suspect Corona Viral infection, wear a mask and contact your nearest hospital immediately.
Prophylactic Measures/Immunomodulatory drugs as per the Ayurvedic practices
- Meaures shall be taken to strengthen the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practises
- Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water
- Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day
- Trikatu(Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre water, until it reduces to ½liter and keeps it in a bottle) keep taking it in sips as and when required
- Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning
At the instance of Ministry of AYUSH, Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH) discussed the ways and means of prevention of Coronavirus infection through Homeopathy in 64th meeting of its Scientific Advisory Board on 28th January 2020. The Group of Expertsinter-alia has recommended that homeopathy medicine Arsenicum album30 could betaken as prophylactic medicine against Coronavirus infections, which has also been advised for prevention of ILI. It has recommended one doze of Arsenicum album 30, daily in empty stomach for three days. The dose should be repeated after one month by following the same schedule in case Coronavirus infections prevail in the community. The Expert Group has further suggested that general hygienic measures for prevention of air-borne infections suggested by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, for prevention of the disease should also be followed by the public