Narendra Modi, prime minister
Seen as the prime mover of the project, providing it with the necessary political impetus. His critics, however, say the redevelopment work is a vanity project.
Om Birla, Lok Sabha Speaker
The custodian of the Parliament House. He has forcefully taken up the need for a new Parliament building. The Lok Sabha secretariat is overseeing the construction of the new Parliament building and is the sanctioning authority.
- 'Inauguration was an opportunity for disqualified to see new Parl building'; Anurag Thakur mocks Rahul Gandhi
- New Parliament building reflects aspirations of new India: PM Modi
- Parliament: Congress calls PM Modi 'self-glorifying authoritarian', RJD's 'coffin' remark draws ire
- Parliament opening: Ceremony begins with puja, PM installs 'Sengol' inside LS chamber
- PM Modi to open India's new Parliament today; ceremony begins with puja, rituals
- New Parliament, Sengol and boycott by Opposition
Hardeep Singh Puri, Union minister of housing and urban affairs
His ministry is carrying out the works in the Central Vista project, and Puri has been aggressively taking on critics. He has said it is not a vanity project, but a necessary project.
Bimal Patel, architect
His HCP Design, Planning and Management Pvt Ltd was, in October 2019, brought on board by the government for the development of the master plan of the area and the design of buildings as per new requirements.
Leading engineering and construction company that won the contract to build the new Parliament house in 2020. Tata outbid Larsen & Toubro.
Shapoorji Pallonji and Company Limited
Leading player in the construction and real estate sector. It carried out the Kartavyapath Redevelopment Project.