Aaaand we're back!! This issue has been fixed across YouTube. Thanks for all the reports and for bearing with us while we sorted it out ❤️ https://t.co/cnlULBUJe7
— TeamYouTube (@TeamYouTube) February 18, 2026
After the popular video streaming platform YouTube witnessed a global service outage on Tuesday, its parent company, Google, acknowledged the issue before confirming that it had been resolved.
After YouTube service disruptions were experienced by users across multiple countries, Google initially clarified that its team was working to fix the problem. "An issue with our recommendations system prevented videos from appearing across surfaces on YouTube (including the homepage, the YouTube app, YouTube Music and YouTube Kids). The homepage is back, but we're still working on a full fix. We're also seeing a small number of reports that some people are unable to log in to YouTube TV. This is related to the broader issue across YouTube, and we're also working on a fix here," the statement said.
The update regarding the issue being resolved was released later. It read: "The issue with our recommendations system has been resolved and all of our platforms (YouTube.com, the YouTube app, YouTube Music, Kids, and TV) are back to normal! We really appreciate you bearing with us while we sorted this out."
The same was confirmed through the official social media handles of the video streaming platform. "Aaaand we're back!! This issue has been fixed across YouTube. Thanks for all the reports and for bearing with us while we sorted it out," it said.
During the worst of the outage, visitors to the website's homepage were greeted with an invitation to come back later. There were over 19,000 complaints logged within minutes during the morning hours in India alone regarding YouTube services being hit, a report said. Meanwhile, over 320,000 American users reported an outage, the report added. It is estimated that there are more than 2.5 billion users actively using YouTube each month.