Seven people were injured after a two-storey house collapsed in Mumbai on Tuesday morning, a fire brigade official said.
The house, located at Jai Maharashtra Nagar in Antop Hill area, caved in around 8.10am, he said.
Four fire engines, a rescue van and other fire brigade equipment were rushed to the spot. Police and civic teams also reached the spot after being alerted, the official said.
- New COVID-19 cases drop in Mumbai for fourth day at 11,647
- Mumbai, Delhi record huge surge in COVID-19 cases
- People not serious about COVID protocols, wearing masks: Mumbai mayor
- Mumbai reports 10,606 COVID-19 cases, two deaths
- ‘Bulli Bai’ app case: Mumbai Police detain woman from Uttarakhand, arrest student from Bengaluru
"Seven people were rescued from the debris of the collapsed house. The injured people were sent to the nearby civic-run Sion Hospital for treatment," the official said.
Details about their health condition were awaited, he added.