There had been rumours and speculations about the health condition of popular south Indian actor Rana Daggubati for quite some time last year. There were reports that he might be in need of a kidney transplant. However, Baahubali actor had then said, "So, I think rumours about my health are now a boring topic." “Hearing lots of strange things about my health, I’m fine guys just some BP based issues I’m addressing. Will be fixed and sorted soon. Thanks for the concern and love but don’t speculate it’s my health not yours," Daggubati had also tweeted.
However, the actor chose to break his silence on the health difficulties he faced, in the new chat show of actor Samantha Akkineni, Sam Jam.
In the teaser of the show, which has been released online, Daggubati admits that he had, "70 per cent chance of stroke or haemorrhage and 30 per cent chance of death, straight."
"When life was on a fast forward, there was a pause button suddenly. There was BP, calcification around the heart and you have failed kidneys... It could have been a 70 per cent chance of stroke or haemorrhage and 30 per cent chance of death, straight.”
Even as Daggubati is seen struggling to control his tears, Samantha called him a "superhero." "“Though people were crumbling around you, you were like a rock. I have seen it in front of my eyes and that’s why he is a superhero to me,” she said.