MEA says India will take whatever action needed to fight terror amid trial in absentia against Hafiz Saeed, other 26/11 accused
MEA Spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said India wants the international community to recognise the seriousness of terror activities
India has declared its firm resolve to take all required actions to combat terrorism, particularly in the context of an ongoing trial in absentia for six Pakistani nationals implicated in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. The Ministry of External Affairs stressed the global urgency of addressing terrorism, including cross-border threats.
India has declared its firm resolve to take all required actions to combat terrorism, particularly in the context of an ongoing trial in absentia for six Pakistani nationals implicated in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. The Ministry of External Affairs stressed the global urgency of addressing terrorism, including cross-border threats.
India has declared its firm resolve to take all required actions to combat terrorism, particularly in the context of an ongoing trial in absentia for six Pakistani nationals implicated in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks. The Ministry of External Affairs stressed the global urgency of addressing terrorism, including cross-border threats.
The Ministry of External Affairs said on Tuesday that India will take whatever action needed to defeat terrorism. The statement came in the backdrop of a trial in absentia against six accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
MEA Spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said India wants the international community to recognise the seriousness of terror activities.
"India has been hit hard by terrorism. We have, over the last several years, taken a lot of effort to galvanise, to strengthen global action to fight terrorism, including cross-border terrorism," said Jaiswal. "And our fight to deal with terrorism will continue further. Whatever action is required to be taken on that account to defeat terrorism, we will continue to take."
The six accused are Pakistani nationals, who are under the protection of the military and intelligence machinery. These include Lashkar-e-Taiba founder Hafiz Saeed and LeT co-founder Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi. Sajid Mir, whom Pakistan previously claimed was dead and later admitted under international pressure that he was alive, is also under trial.
Others who face trial in absentia are LeT commander Abu Alqama who oversaw the training of Mumbai attackers, LeT handler and key conspirator Abu Qahafa aka Asim and Major Abdur Rehman Pasha who worked closely with LeT and David Headley.
This is the first time that provisions for a trial in absentia are being invoked under the BNSS 2023 in a terror case of this nature.
Jaiswal also slammed Islamabad for denying any links between ISI and the Shahzad Bhatti Network busted by Indian security forces. This comes a day after it was revealed that 253 people were arrested from 14 states over links with the terror group. More than 80 FIRs have been registered so far.