Amid rising tensions between Iran and the US, India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) reiterated that the government was closely tracking developments, and was also in constant contact with Indian citizens in Tehran.
"Iran and the region around it has become tense ... We are keeping an eye on the situation and staying in constant touch with the Indian community living there (in Iran)," MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal told reporters in New Delhi.
"We have also spoken to the Embassy ... you might have seen that we have also previously issued an advisory to our citizens there," he added.
This comes amid the United States' naval buildup in the Middle East, which comprises two aircraft carrier strike groups, roughly a dozen accompanying warships, and hundreds of combat aircraft in and around the Arabian Sea and eastern Mediterranean Sea.
The USS Gerald R. Ford, the world’s largest aircraft carrier, is also en route and expected to join the formation within weeks, ramping up the pressure on Tehran.
Washington's Donald Trump administration is at loggerheads with the Iranian regime over the latter's nuclear programme, as well as what it has called activities that "continue to threaten the stability of the entire region".
"We’re either going to get a deal, or it’s going to be unfortunate for them ... 10-15 days would be enough time, pretty much maximum," Trump said on Thursday.
MEA on Gaza Peace Plan and Israel's West Bank expansion
The MEA added that the government has also "welcomed" Trump's Gaza Peace Plan outlined in the Board of Peace meeting in Washington D.C., which India attended as an 'Observer'.
"We have also welcomed the ... efforts underway as part of Resolution 2803 of the UNSC," Jaiswal noted.
The MEA has also clarified that the UN joint statement that India signed was not a "negotiated document" that condemned Israel's West Bank expansion.
"Our position on this particular issue (expansion) was expressed in the India-Arab League Ministerial meeting joint statement," Jaiswal clarified.
MEA on India-US trade deal
In the meantime, Jaiswal noted that the Centre had adopted the joint statement between New Delhi and Washington for a trade deal.
"Negotiations are on to "finalise a mutually beneficial trade agreement", he said.
In that regard, a delegation from India, led by the chief negotiator, is expected to leave for the US next week.