Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin on Saturday extended the ongoing lockdown till June 14, along with a few relaxations.
The relaxations are based on region-wise positivity rates. The state has been divided into two--11 districts including Coimbatore, Nilgris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Mayiladuthurai with high rate of COVOID-19 and the remaining districts forming the second part.
Here are a list of relaxations in the districts with high number of cases:
1. Standalone provision stores, sehops selling fruits, fish, meat shops to function between 6 am to 5 pm. Pavement stalls sellling fruits and vegetabels are also allowed to be opened.
2. Fish markets and salughterhouses to only conduct wholesale business.
3. Only 30 per cent employees allowed at government offices.
In addition to the above restrictions, the following services are allowed in the rest of the districts:
1. Plumbers, electricians, computer and motor technicians and carpenters can work between 6 am and 5 pm with e-registration.
2. Stationery shops and those selling electrical goods, bulbs, cables, switches and wires are allowed to open between 6 am and 5 pm.
3. Taxis with three passengers other than driver and autorickshaws with two passengers can ply with e-pass.
Those travelling to Nilgris, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Kutralam for emergency reasons need to acquire e-passes from the district collector.