Turkey citizenship by investment is an appealing option with a wide range of advantages: from economic stability to vast global mobility — you can get it in just 6 months.
Take a closer look at the best arguments for the Turkey citizenship program, and learn how to join it.
Benefit 1. No minimum residency requirement
Some citizenship programs require naturalisation through residency — the participants must live in the country for a certain time before getting the passport. Turkey is not the case: you do not have to spend any time here if you want to get citizenship by investment.
Unlike some investment citizenship paths, Turkey does not require naturalisation through residency. You will become a citizen as soon as your application is approved.
Benefit 2. Global mobility
Indian citizens can travel visa-free or via an eTA to 60 countries only. With a Turkey passport, it's 113, including Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Montenegro, Argentina, Brazil, and most Caribbean countries.
You will also become eligible for several US visa types:
· B-1/B-2 for tourists;
· E-2 for investors who want to live, work, and become permanent residents in the States.
Benefit 3. Life in economic stability
Turkey has a GDP of $28,400 per capita, against India's $6,100 per capita. Liquid assets such as real estate are more profitable in Turkey. Property prices here grow by 6.7% quarterly. In Istanbul, Turkey’s most expensive housing market, the average house price is $1,400 per 1 m². For comparison, in Mumbai it is approximately $600 per 1 m².
Benefit 4. Broad education and healthcare opportunities
Turkey provides free compulsory education to children aged between 6 and 19. Tertiary education enrollment here is 117%, while in India it is only 26%. Despite that, annual tuition fees in India range between $3,300 and $7,800, while in Turkey the range is from $240 to $1,500. The country has around 200 universities, many of which provide scholarships.
While both countries have public healthcare systems, Turkey doesn't have a severe shortage of medical staff compared to India. Private healthcare in Turkey is more affordable and available.
Benefit 5. Life in a safe environment
Turkey has a Crime Index of 39.5 and a Safety Index of 60.5, according to Numbeo. For India, it is a Crime Index of 43 and a Safety Index of 57. Turkey also does not have capital punishment.
India's hazardous industries are comparatively unregulated, with no national chemical inventory or registration requirements to date. Turkey, however, follows the Regulation on the Inventory and Control of Chemicals, decreasing the risks of environmental disasters.
To further improve and protect the environment, Turkey follows the Paris Climate Agreement, which vouches to decrease global green gas emissions by 40% in the next 7 years. The country also aims to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2053.
How to get Turkey citizenship by investment from India
The program offers several investment options — all refundable in 3 years.
Investment of at least $400,000 in Turkish real estate: residential or commercial property, or land plots. The eligible types include apartments with a view, villas, and seafront projects that you can rent out, earning up to 8% per year.
At least $500,000 investment in:
· business — an existing company's equity or your own company with at least 50 jobs;
· bank deposit — to a Turkish account;
· government bonds — from the Turkish Treasury;
· units — in venture capital or real estate investment funds.
There are additional expenses. For instance, when purchasing real estate, fees and taxes are at least $14,000. With other options, average associated costs start at $2,400.
Which family members can apply for a Turkey passport by investment from India:
· investor — at least 18, no criminal record, with legal income;
· children — under 18.
How long does it take to get Turkey citizenship by investment: a timeline
1 day. Undergoing a Preliminary Due Diligence at Immigrant Invest — to ensure your eligibility, access potential risks, and find solutions. The procedure reduces the chances of denial of Turkey citizenship down to 1%.
7—10 weeks. Preparing the documents and fulfilling the requirements of the option you selected. For instance, if you are investing in Turkish real estate, Immigrant Invest will:
· provide a trustworthy database of titles;
· support the sale and purchase agreement;
· submit documents and proof of investment to the Turkish regulatory agencies.
3—4 months. Applying for citizenship and undergoing the main Due Diligence. First, you will receive a short-term Turkey residence permit, then send the application and wait for approval.
From 2 days. Receiving passports in a Turkey embassy.
Key takeaways on Turkey citizenship by investment for Indians
1. Turkey citizenship by investment program is beneficial for Indians. It provides life in an economically stable country with lower crime rates, a better environment, and broad education and healthcare opportunities. Passport of Turkey grants visa-free travel to 113 countries and eligibility for B-1/B-2 and E-2 visas to the US.
2. The program has several investment options starting at $400,000: real estate, government bonds, investment fund units, bank deposit, or business.
3. You can apply remotely from India and get Turkey citizenship for your family too. The entire process, including Preliminary Due Diligence, document preparation, main Due Diligence, and passport receipt, usually takes around 6 months. For meticulous step-by-step assistance, contact the program experts at Immigrant Invest.