Man gets no treatment for 2 days in J'khand hosp till family
reaches from Bihar; Soren unhappy
    Ranchi, Jan 14 (PTI) Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant
Soren on Tuesday expressed disappointment at the alleged
negligence of doctors at a government hospital in Koderma
where they allegedly kept an elderly accident victim waiting
till his relatives reached from neighbouring Bihar.
    It took the Koderma district police two days to find
out a relative of the patient and his family members
complained that he did not get any treatment during this
    The chief minister took exception to the conduct of
the management of the Koderma Sadar Hospital where 60-year-old
Bihar resident, Shatrughan Sao, was admitted with a fractured
leg following a road accident.
    Sao, who was at the Koderma hospital since the mishap
took place 14 days ago, was referred to the Rajendra Institute
of Medical Sciences (RIMS) here on Tuesday following the
instruction of Soren.
Instead of giving him priority treatment, the hospital
waited for his relatives to reach there, the chief minister
said after receiving a complaint from the patient's family.
    "This attitude has been there for the last few years.
Instead of taking the responsibility to solve the problem -
every officer wants to shift it. This is really sad, but the
situation will change now. This attitude will no longer be
tolerated," Soren said in a tweet.
    In a tweet, Soren directed the management of all
(government) hospitals to treat patients with sensitivity.
"The police has the responsibility to locate relatives
of unknown issues while doctors should focus on the treatment
of the patients," Soren said in his tweet.
    Soren asked the RIMS management to treat Sao and asked
Ranchi Deputy Commissioner Rai Mahimapat Ray to arrange for
sending him to his home at Ekangar Sarai of Bihar's Nalanda
district after treatment.
    Sources in the Koderma hospital said, after the police
took Sao to the facility 14 days ago, the elderly man could
not properly tell anything about himself.
    The police found out a nephew of his after two days
and he started staying with him, sources said.
    They also claimed that the Koderma hospital also
lacked the specialist orthopaedic required to treat Sao. PTI

(This story has not been edited by THE WEEK and is auto-generated from PTI)