Pope Francis plans to make first public appearance from hospital after five weeks of treatment

4j4pmgt6ja8e9q6fa09b13257m-list 2utpfvtgntspcfkb9h6uhsp0gd 7rq5tr7i9nktb5e4li21v2tj08-list

With Pope Francis's health improving, the Pontiff is making plans to make his first public appearance on Sunday.

He is likely to offer a blessing from the window of his room at Rome's Gemelli Hospital, where he has been undergoing treatment since last month.

Pope Francis, 88, was admitted to the hospital on February 14 with severe respiratory issues.

The Vatican in a statement said that the Pope wants to come to the hospital window around noon on Sunday to offer the blessing.

Regarding the Pope's health update, the Vatican on Friday said he has been reducing the use of high-flow oxygen to help breathe.

Though his physical condition is still improving, he needs to relearn how to speak, said Cardinal Victor Fernandez, the Vatican's chief doctrine official.

However, it is still not clear when will the Pontiff be discharged.

On April 8 he is scheduled to meet Britain's King Charles. Vatican hopes that by then the Pope will be back in his residence | Reuters, AP

For More Webstories Visit:

https://www.theweek.in/web-stories.html
WEBSTORIES
Swipe-up to Next Story