Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday attacked the government over the handling of the COVID-19 situation and alleged that it is only indulging in a "sham" of a 'vaccine festival'.
He also alleged that there is no testing, no beds in hospitals, neither ventilators or oxygen and vaccine is also not available.
Rahul also took a jibe asking what PM-CARES is doing, as huge donations were given to the fund for handling COVID-19 situation.
"There are no tests or beds in hospitals. There are no ventilators or oxygen. The vaccine is also not there. But there is a sham of a festival. PM-CARES?" he asked.
- 'Modi missing, govt abdicated its duty towards citizens': Rahul Gandhi on govt's handling of COVID-19
- A joke on COVID-19 victims, betrayal of citizens: Rahul Gandhi on 'positivity' push by RSS
- Country needs breath, not PM's residence: Rahul Gandhi
- Govt's failures have made national lockdown inevitable: Rahul in letter to PM
- Rahul calls Central Vista ‘criminal wastage’, flays ‘blind arrogance’ for new house
His attack came after the government celebrated the Tika Utsav (vaccine festival) from April 11 to 14.
India on Thursday saw its highest single-day rise of 2,00,739 COVID-19 infections and 1,038 fatalities, pushing the country's tally of cases to 1,40,74,564 and the total death toll to 1,73,123, according to official data.
The total number of active COVID-19 cases in the country was recorded at 14,71,877 cases.