Doda district in Jammu and Kashmir has become "militancy free" as the last of the surviving militants in the area was killed in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag district on Monday.
- One year of Article 370 abrogation: J&K L-G Murmu resigns, replaced by Manoj Sinha
- In UNSC, another Chinese ploy to bring up Jammu and Kashmir, Article 370 fails
- Abrogation of Article 370 was illegal, says China
- OPINION: Will Israeli Model bring sustainable peace, normalcy in J&K?
- Article 370: Grenade attack in Shopian; tight security in Kashmir
- Year after Article 370: Alienation grows in Kashmir, frustration visible in Jammu
"With today's operation at Khull Chohar in Anantnag by Anantnag Police along with 19 RR, CRPF in which two LET terrorists including one district commander and one Hizbul Mujahideen commander Masood were neutralised, Doda district in Jammu Zone becomes totally militancy free once again as Masood was last surviving terrorist of Doda," a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said Masood, a resident of Doda, was involved in a rape case in the district, and was absconding ever since.
"He later joined Hizbul Mujahideen and shifted his area of operation to Kashmir," the spokesman added.