South star Nayanthara is set to make her debut in Hindi cinema with Shah Rukh Khan's next film, to be directed by Atlee.
The 36-year-old actor, who predominantly appears in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films, is known for titles like Chandramukhi, Ghajini, Sri Rama Rajyam, and Puthiya Niyamam.
- Comedian Raju Srivastava remains on ventilator
- In Bollywood, Naga Chaitanya wants to do characters that would backfire if done in Telugu cinema
- 'If a girl asks for sex...': Mukesh Khanna courts controversy with misogynistic remarks
- Taapsee Pannu's 'Shabaash Mithu' heads to Voot Select for OTT release
- My sex life is not interesting, says Taapsee Pannu on not being invited to 'Koffee With Karan'
"She is doing a film with Shah Rukh Khan, which is directed by Atlee. Shah Rukh Khan plays a dual role in the film. It is too early to share details regarding Nayanthara's role in the film," a source close to the development said.
Khan is currently working on Pathan and a call will be taken whether to begin shoot on Atlee's film or filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani's movie, the insider added.
On Wednesday, Disney+ Hotstar announced that Nayanthara’s upcoming Tamil feature film Netrikann will be released on the streaming platform.
The actor will next be seen in Rajinikanth’s action-drama Annaatthe and Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kaadhal, a romantic-comedy also starring Vijay Sethupathi and Samantha Akkineni.