Actor Janhvi Kapoor says her film Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl made her confident as a person and a performer.
Directed by Sharan Sharma and produced by filmmaker Karan Johar, the film released in August this year on streaming platform Netflix.
It is based on the life of Gunjan Saxena, then a flying officer, who became the first woman combat aviator to fly into a war zone during the 1999 Kargil War.
- Women’s Day exclusive: On ‘labels’ and patriarchy in entertainment industry
- Suniel Shetty files complaint over fake film poster
- 'Thrilled to know I am awesome at everything that I do': Kangana Ranaut reacts to trolls
- ‘Extremely disturbing’: Slumdog Millionaire actor Madhur Mittal on sexual assault allegations
- 'Used to feel isolated in huge parts in '90s': Pooja Bhatt on return to acting
The 23-year-old actor, who made her Bollywood debut with 2018 movie Dhadak, said as somebody who understands the power of cinema, she always wants to play memorable parts.
"Through this film, I have understood myself better as an actor. It has given me a different sense of confidence and maybe it's because of the impact Gunjan ma'am's story and resilience has had on me.
"I have learned to enjoy the process of growth. I've always wanted to do memorable work and touch people's lives because I know how much cinema has touched my life," Janhvi said in a statement.