Sushant Singh Rajput friends—Ganesh Hiwaker and Ankit Acharya—who had announced they will go on a hunger strike from Thursday to demand justice, have reached Delhi.
Hiwaker and Acharya, in a video message, had said that they will be going on a three-day hunger strike to demand justice in Sushant’s death case.
"We have been demanding justice in the Sushant Singh Rajput murder case from the beginning. But, there have been no updates from the CBI for the past few days. The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is doing its job and looking for drugs connection. We also want the drugs mafia to end. The Enforcement Directorate is also doing its job," Hiwaker said in the video, ANI reported.
The duo, along with some fans of the late actor, will be doing a padyatra from the airport to Rajghat, according to The Times of India.
Sushant's father and sister met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday to thank him for his intervention in ensuring justice to the deceased actor. Sushant's 74-year-old father K.K. Singh told Kumar that had he not intervened, the Maharashtra government would have shut the case.
Sushant was found dead in his apartment in Mumbai's Bandra on June 14. His father lodged a police complaint in Patna on July 25 levelling various allegations against actress Rhea Chakraborty in connection with his death. The Bihar government recommended a CBI probe into the death case on August 4.
The CBI started investigating the case on August 21.
Sushant’s family’s lawyer Vikas Singh had recently claimed the actor had been ‘strangled’ and accused the CBI of ‘delaying’ the probe. "The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting a professional investigation related to the death of Sushant Singh Rajput in which all aspects are being looked at and no aspect has been ruled out as of date. The investigation is continuing," the agency said in its statement.
-with PTI inputs