After Sushant Singh Rajput's family’s lawyer claimed the actor had been ‘strangled’ and accused the CBI of ‘delaying’ the probe, the investigating agency has said that "no aspect has been ruled out".
"The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting a professional investigation related to the death of Sushant Singh Rajput in which all aspects are being looked at and no aspect has been ruled out as of date. The investigation is continuing," the agency said in its statement on Monday.
“Getting frustrated by the delay in CBI taking a decision to convert abetment to suicide to Murder of SSR. The Doctor who is part of AIIMS team had told me long back that the photos sent by me indicated 200% that it’s death by strangulation and not suicide,” Sushant’s family’s lawyer, Vikas Singh had tweeted last week.
Dr Sudhir Gupta whose heads the AIIMS panel probing the case, however, dismissed Singh’s claims as "incorrect".
After Singh’s statement, Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde had demanded the formation of a new medical board to investigate the cause of Sushant’s death.
Sushant was found dead at his Mumbai home on June 14. As per the Mumbai Police’s probe, the cause of death as per autopsy report, was asphyxia due to hanging. After the CBI took over the probe, a panel of AIIMS doctors, led by Gupta, has looked into the autopsy and viscera report and will soon submit their final opinion.