Tennis star Sania Mirza on Friday announced that a biopic on her will be made by Bollywood producer Ronnie Screwvala.
Sania said she has signed a contract for the biopic and the initial work has already begun.
- Vidya Balan opens up about her upcoming web series on Indira Gandhi
- Radhika Apte: I miss working on 'Sacred Games'
- Happy to use Akshay Kumar’s stardom to my advantage
- 75 per cent of Amitabh Bachchan's liver is gone, admits the actor
- Article 370 remarks: Sonam Kapoor slams trolls, asks them to 'get a life'
"It's great. The talks have been going on for a while. The contract was signed. We are just looking forward to it," Sania said.
Sania, the only Indian woman tennis player to win a Grand Slam title (in doubles), said the making of the biopic was in the initial stages.
"It's all going to be mutual understanding. I think that obviously my input is important. Because, it's my story. So, I will have to.
"We are literally in the very initial stages. So, we just announced it today. It will slowly get into the director, the writing, after that the casting. It's still a bit long way to go," she said when asked how she wished the film to come out and her inputs for the film.
Sania's biopic will add to earlier biographical films like Mary Kom, Dangal, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.