The yogic posture paschimottanasana offers a number of benefits. However, many may find it difficult to practice. Here is a simple approach which makes its practice easy and effective. This posture benefits the abdominal organs and is pancreas-friendly. It also helps the hip, leg and back muscles.
* Sit straight on a chair and keep a chair in front.
* Place a blanket on the chair in front.
* Raise the legs and rest the heels on the chair.
* Pull the knee caps and stretch the heels (toes towards the knee).
* Gently bend the trunk forward and hold the chair in front.
* Gripping the chair, lift the navel and chest up.
* Stay in the posture with slow deep breathing for a couple of minutes.
* Relax and repeat.