Trunk acts as the main support for the arms and the legs. A stretch along the axis of the trunk and arms helps in relieving the stiffness while rejuvenating the muscles in the arms and trunk. Here is a technique using ropes to effectively accomplish this stretch. It also helps to strengthen the shoulders, the hips, thighs and legs.
Caution: Ensure the rope is of mountaineering quality and that the window bars are strong enough to take weight.
* Take a pair of mountaineering ropes,about a metre long.
* Knot the ropes on to the window bar or special hooks at a height of about 6 feet and about 1 ½ feet apart.
* Stand upright facing the wall and in line with the rope.
* Hold the ropes with both hands.
* Grip the ropes, flex the arms.
* Taking the load on the flexed arms, move the feet and keep them inclined against the wall.
* Keeping the legs straight, straighten the arms.
* Push the hips down and pull the knee caps.
* Stay for about 15-30 seconds.
* Pull up with the arms and come up.
* Repeat three times and relax.