The neck is often subjected to strain, be it long hours of working, using mobiles and computers, travelling or poor postures. It is very important to keep the muscles of the neck strong and stable. Here is a technique to accomplish both.
Note: Since the ball is inherently unstable, one must be careful.
• Take a stability ball of 30cm diameter
• Hold the ball and stand close to a wall, facing it
• Place the ball between your forehead and the wall
• Hold the ball with gentle pressure from the forehead and release your hands
• Now press the ball with the forehead
• Hold for 10 seconds
• Ease the pressure for 10 seconds but keep the ball in place with gentle pressure
• Repeat 10 times and relax
• Repeat the procedure by pressing the ball with the back and both sides of the head