The shoulder complex is an important structure supporting the arms. It is essential to stretch and strengthen this complex. Here is a simple technique to accomplish this, using ropes. It also helps the muscles of the arms and the trunk.
* Take a pair of mountaineering ropes
* Ensure the ropes are knotted properly and are of equal length
* Loop the ropes equally on to the window bars/hooks at a height of about six feet; ropes about one feet apart
* Stand upright with the back to the wall and in line with the ropes
* Raise the arms and hold the ropes firmly
* Move the arms and trunk close to the wall
* Straightening the arms, flex the knees and gently lower the hips
* Keep both arms straight and feel the weight
* Slowly raise both legs
* Keep both legs straight and pull both knee caps
* Stay for about 20 seconds
* Lower the legs and press the feet
* Straighten the knees, flex the arms and release the ropes
* Repeat and relax
Caution: Ensure the rope is of mountaineering quality and the window bars are strong enough to take weight.