Eight suicide bombers killed in Afghanistan’s Kunduz province

explosion (File) Representational image

At least eight suicide bombers were killed after their suicide vests went off prematurely in Afghanistan’s northern Kunduz province on Tuesday.

The Ministry of Interior (MoI) said in a statement that all eight would-be bombers were fully equipped with the suicide vests and were looking to carry out coordinated attack in Kunduz before their explosives went off.

Noting that the bombers were on their way from Dasht-e-Archi to Kunduz city when the incident took place, the Ministry of Interior said the group belonged to Mullah Wali, a commander of the Taliban group.

So far, the insurgent group has not commented on the report.

This incident is not the first where anti-government armed militants have become victims of their own bombing.

In the past, a group of 10 militants in Ghazni province were blown up by their own explosives as they were busy making Improvised Explosive Devices.

This browser settings will not support to add bookmarks programmatically. Please press Ctrl+D or change settings to bookmark this page.
Topics : #Afghanistan

Related Reading

    Show more