Restrictions on the movement of people in Srinagar and four districts of south Kashmir, which were imposed in the wake of killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani and the ensuing deadly violence, remained in force on Tuesday.
The restrictions will remain in force in most areas of Srinagar city and four districts of south Kashmir as a precautionary measure, officials said.
They said the restrictions were imposed to maintain law and order in the Valley.
Meanwhile, the strike called by the separatist groups also affected normal life in the Valley.
The separatist groups on Monday extended the strike call till July 13 to coincide with the 85th anniversary of those who laid down their lives fighting the Aristocratic rule in the state in 1931.
Shops, private offices, business establishments and petrol pumps remained shut, while government offices and banks witnessed thin attendance, the officials said.
Public transport was completely off the roads for the fourth consecutive day, while private cars and auto-rickshaws were seen plying at few places in the areas where there were no restrictions, they said.
Educational institutions in the Valley were closed on account of the ongoing summer vacations, while Central University of Kashmir (CUK), Kashmir University, Islamic University of Science and Technology (IUST) and Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) have postponed the examinations due to the prevailing situation.
The separatist groups earlier on Friday had called for a one-day strike following Wani s killing. The strike was then extended for two more days to protest the killings of civilians in firing allegedly by security forces.
The shutdown call was again extended on Monday.
Most of the separatist leaders, including Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Mirwaiz Umer Farooq and Mohammad Yasin Malik, are either in custody or house arrest.