Turkey blast

No report of Indian casualty in Turkey blast: MEA

turkey-blast-victims A riot police officer stands guard at the entrance of the Ataturk airport in Istanbul, Turkey, following a multiple suicide bombing | Reuters

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Wednesday said there were no reports of any Indian among the casualties in the attack on Istanbul's Ataturk Airport on Tuesday evening that killed 36 people and injured over 145 others.

MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup said the Indian Consulate and Embassy tweeted the emergency contact numbers for Indians requiring assistance.

"No report so far of any Indian among the casualties. Consulate has been in touch with Istanbul Governorate and the Turkish Health Ministry hotline desk," an official statement said.

"Turkish Air flights to Delhi and Mumbai departed Istanbul last (Tuesday) night as scheduled. Both left Istanbul at around 8 pm. Ataturk Airport operations have resumed but long delays are likely," the statement added.

The attack was carried out by three suicide bombers.

This browser settings will not support to add bookmarks programmatically. Please press Ctrl+D or change settings to bookmark this page.
Topics : #Turkey

Related Reading

    Show more