Headmistress electrocuted to death while erecting flag pole


The Independence Day celebrations took a tragic turn at a government school in Telangana where the headmistress was electrocuted to death on Sunday while trying to erect a pole for hoisting the national flag.

Kalva Prabhavathi, 40, came to school at Medikonda village in Ranga Reddy district on Sunday with chocolates, sweets and tiny tri-coloured flags for students. Durgamma, an anganwadi worker, and four students joined her in making arrangements for Monday's celebrations.

Prabhavathi tried to erect the iron pole not realising that the high-voltage wires were right above her. She was electrocuted immediately. The four students— Madhumathi, Keerthana, Ganesh and Shivateja—were also suffered burn injuries while trying to save their teacher.

Though all the five were rushed to Vikarabad Government Hospital, Prabhavathi was declared brought dead. Others are under treatment and their conditions are said to be stable.

This browser settings will not support to add bookmarks programmatically. Please press Ctrl+D or change settings to bookmark this page.

Related Reading

    Show more