The neck is a very sensitive region. A host of muscles connect the neck and the shoulder complex. Given the work pattern of our times, the neck is highly prone to pain and discomfort. Here is a simple technique that provides relief from problems of the neck.
Note: Ensure that the chair is of good quality and without sharp edges that could cause injury. Persons with severe neck problems should consult their doctor before doing this.
* Keep a chair inverted, and place a blanket on the lower rib which is now on top.
* Place a pillow or a couple of blankets on the frame which is now on the floor.
* Sit upright on the pillow; be a little closer to the top frame of the chair.
* Gently recline, resting the base of the neck on the frame.
* Slowly bend the neck backward.
* Lift the chest up and extend the neck further.
* Stay for about 60 seconds with slow and deep breathing.
* Slowly come up and sit straight.
* Repeat and relax.