Shoulders and neck are closely connected. One of the important movements of the shoulder is internal rotation. Stiffness in the shoulder complex and the neck can cause discomfort to computer-bound persons. Here is a simple posture to relax the shoulder and neck.
If you have a history of shoulder dislocation, consult your doctor before practising this posture.
* Sit upright on a chair.
* Flex both elbows and hold the top of the chair.
* Keep the elbows closer to the trunk.
* Move shoulder blades down and thrust chest upwards.
* Move hip and feet slightly forward and recline.
* Gently bend the neck back, as much as possible.
* Stay for about 30 seconds with slow, deep breathing.
* Gripping the top, slowly move the hips back.
* Release the grip, sit straight and repeat.